18 March 2012

Hiatus

Hey there everybody,

I've got finals for the next week and a half--all papers--so there isn't much time to write for fun, but I'll be back on the blogging horse after that. I'll tell you about my weekend trips to Ireland, the Netherlands, and France, and we can talk about springtime in the park, heavenly cheese, vintage shopping, the best haircut ever, and a curious difference I've noticed between the States and Europe.

It's also just about time to register for classes again for the fall semester, and I'm tremendously excited to get back and take something in my major again that really makes me think. Even if it means I'll have to go back to only getting six hours of sleep a night, I still want to do it. A break is nice, but I just need the challenge!

In the meantime, here's some music to check out.:

  • Clouds - Claude Debussy (a nocturne) that I read about in my music class (it's in the impressionist style of music that came at the end of the Romantic music/literary era). It's eerie but soothing.

These next three are from a playlist called "Winter to Spring" that I found on Bitch Magazine's website. They'll put a spring in your step. Heh.

  • Another Green WorldAnother Green World - Brian Eno (great, mellow, super short)
  • Pale Green Things - The Mountain Goats (sad lyrics, phenomenal guitar)
  • The Sprout and the Bean (instrumental) - Joanna Newsom cover (beautiful harp)
  • They Say It's SpringThey Say It's Spring - Erin McKeown (perfect, warm, swingy)
See you soon, and enjoy!
~Red

No comments:

Post a Comment